Reid Kimball got interested in video games in his early teens when playing Sierra adventure games such as King's Quest and Space Quest. He was immersed to these games due to their excellent writing and unique characters.
His first level design works that he published online were for Quake and he also ran a website devoted to level design for the Quake engine. Reid Kimball also joined Rewolf in September 1997 during their early development of the Gunman mod and its eventual change into a commercial product meant that it became the earliest level design work of Kimball to be published at retail.
Reid Kimball's first endeavor to Ritual Entertainment was in July 2000 in the form of an internship. His internship ended by November 2000 when he went back to school to finish his degree. He eventually landed a full-time position at Ritual Entertainment in May 2003, fresh out of school. This meant that he joined very late in the development cycle of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, for which he worked on level design and scripted sequences. He also worked on the level design of Counter-Strike (Xbox) and worked on optimizing maps for the console memory constraints.
Kimball left Ritual Entertainment in November 2005 where after he has worked in game design at LucasArts, Buzz Monkey and Northwest Media. In 2010, Reid Kimball decided to take a break from the video game development and founded the video production company Sparkplug Creations.
List of maps
|Counter-Terrorist Training||Level co-designer||2003|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Kimball, Reid. "The Tribe - Reid 'BrushBaron' Kimball". Ritual Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2005-02-08. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Kimball, Reid (2003). "Reid Kimball Resume". game.rbkdesign.com. Archived from the original on 2005-10-26. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- ↑ Kimball, Reid(1998-03-20). "QW32 Design News". Quakeworld32 Design Home page. Archived from the original on 1999-02-19. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Kimball, Reid (2014). "Reid Kimball Resume". game.rbkdesign.com. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kimball, Reid (2006). "Reid Kimball Resume".game.rbkdesign.com Archived from the original on 2007-07-05. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- ↑ Kimball, Reid. "Reid Kimball Portfolio". game.rbkdesign.com. Retrieved 2017-05-18.