- For the Global Offensive control point map with a similar name, see Rooftop Control.Rooftops (cs_rooftops) was a hostage rescue map that was featured in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero during its development.
Rooftops was jointly designed by Matt Coombe and Nick Coombe, in a similar fashion as their previous map Torn, when Gearbox Software was developing Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The map was not showcased in the media until 2002, possibly because both Matt and Nick were busy designing their other maps for the game (Bridge and Downed respectively) in 2001. When the map was handed over to Gearbox Software, it would seem it underwent some quite extensive editing in the hands of Erik Doescher.
The map also made numerous media appearances in 2002, including some video coverage by the German PC Games magazine.
When development of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero was handed over to Ritual Entertainment, the map was presumably scrapped. However, some of the textures and geometry were reused for the Run! single player mission.
- ↑ counter-strike.de CS:CZ Maps. Archived from the original on 2002-08-22.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Information Vault - Matt Coombe Interview.
- ↑ PC Games 04/02 (2002) Computec Media GmbH.
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Information Vault - Josh Jeffcoat Interview.
- ↑ PC Games 04/02 - Vorschau: Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. (2002). [video] Computec Media GmbH