|Born||November 24, 1978|
|Aliases||■ The Castle|
Russell Meakim picked up level design at the age of 14 with Doom II. Prior to getting employed in the games industry, Russell also created several maps for the Quake series and was involved with modding teams including Artemis Software and WireHead Studios.
In late 2001, Russell Meakim got his first job in the games industry when he was hired by Ritual Entertainment. When development of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike (Xbox) was overtaken by Ritual Entertainment in August 2002, Russell contributed to the level design of the Counter-Strike series. He designed a total of four single-player missions for Condition Zero and also worked on some multiplayer content. Russel also worked on many of the Xbox remakes of classic maps.
List of maps
|Building Recon||Level designer||2003|
|Rise Hard||Level designer||2003|
|Secret War||Level designer||2003|
|Thin Ice||Level designer||2003|
- All missions made by him will have a small Easter egg box that reads "The Castle Was HERE".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 MobyGames - Russell Meakim Biography - Change Revisions
- ↑ Russell Meakim Jr. - Resume. Archived from the original on 2001-11-28.
- ↑ Artemis Software - The Artemis Team. Archived from the original on 2001-01-06.
- ↑ WireHead Studios - Team Pages. Archived from the original on 2001-07-18.
- ↑ Blue's News Story - etc.
- ↑ CGM Labs - articles - Russell Meakim - Ritual Software. Archived from the original on 2001-12-09.
- ↑ Laced Neptune presents: A big aZZ update.... Archived from the original on 2003-01-06.
- ↑ MapCore - I have a question about the CS:GO levels.
- ↑ Castle Does - Doom 2 XBLA: New Episode – Senior Level Designer. Archived from the original on 2015-10-17.
- ↑ Castle Does - About. Archived from the original on 2015-10-17.
- ↑ MapCore - Castle