"Are we rushin' in? Or going sneaky beaky like?"
The world-renowned British SAS was founded in the Second World War by a man named David Stirling. Their role during WW2 involved gathering intelligence behind enemy lines and executing sabotage strikes and assassinations against key targets.
Uniform and heads
SAS operative wear a variety of uniforms depending on mission:
- Standard uniform : blue fatigues with black Vest
- Winter uniform : white fatigues with dark gray Vest
- Desert uniform : desert camo fatigues with green vest
Heads vary upon model:
- Standard: Black helmet with or without black Hazard Mask
- Winter: Black Helmet without Hazard Mask
- Officer: Light Brown beret and sporting a gray beard
SAS operatives are equipped with the following weapons:
SAS is known to be appeared in several missions as follows:
Global Offensive Quotes
"Are we rushin' in, or are we goin' sneaky-beaky like?"
"These fellas are gonna regret wakin' up this morning."
"Remove any doubts in your head; it's us, or them."
"This isn't the killing house anymore, this is real life."
"Remember, this is bandit country. Shoot everything that moves."
"Pull yourself together, son!"
"Bingo, bango, bongo, bish, bash, bosh!"
"Too late, run!"
"That was a storm!"
"Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"
Main article: SAS/Gallery
- The game file name for this player model is "sas".
- The SAS was not formed to fight terrorism at first. After the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre, the British government turned to the SAS to answer the concerns of global terrorism. The SAS had already developed their status as the counter-revolutionary warfare unit at that time and they were turned into a Counter-Terrorism unit.
- Previously an obscure regiment, the SAS came to prominence with their dramatic ending of a terrorist siege at the Iranian Embassy in London in 1980, where their zip line assault through the windows was broadcast live on both main British television channels in prime time on a public holiday.
- Although the selection icon for the SAS in Condition Zero features them in a brown suit, the in-game model is light blue.
- In Deleted Scenes, most of the levels where the player plays as the SAS are noticeably the hardest and the longest missions of the game.
- The SAS units in Deleted Scenes speak with an English accent while the ones in Global Offensive speak with a Scottish accent and dialogue.
- The SAS in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive have 2 types of uniforms according to the in-game files (named "ctm_sas_variate.mdl"). The first is the original dark/light blue, while the second one is white camouflage, possibly confirming that they are going to be included on a map in a future update which will have a snow setting.
- In Operation Phoenix, the FBI replaced the SAS as the Counter-Terrorists on Seaside.
- Special Air Service at Wikipedia.