―SEAL Team 6
SEAL Team 6 is a special operations force for the United States Navy, and was created in the aftermath of Operation Eagle Claw. The failure of the Operation made the US Navy saw the need for a full-time counter-terrorist unit, and tasked Navy officer Richard Marcinko with its design and development. SEAL Team 6 was formally created in October 1980, and Marcinko was the first commanding officer of this new unit.
In 1987, SEAL Team 6 was dissolved. A new unit, the "Naval Special Warfare Development Group" (NSWDG), or DEVGRU, succeeded the SEAL Team 6. The name SEAL Team 6 is still often used in reference to DEVGRU.
ST-6 (to be known later as DEVGRU) was founded in 1980 under the command of Lieutenant-Commander Richard Marcinko. ST-6 was placed on permanent alert to respond to terrorist attacks against American targets worldwide.
SEAL Team Six (ST6) was founded in 1980 under Lieutenant-Commander Richard Marcinko. It was dissolved in 1987 and is now known as DEVGRU.
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the hand model for the SEALs features multicam sleeves (light green, tan, white, and black spots) and olive green gloves with lighter green on the insides.
- SEAL Team 6 is the oldest Counter-Terrorist faction in Counter-Strike, making their first appearance in Beta 1.0
- SEAL Team 6 in the early Counter-Strike beta stages had blue uniforms rather than green ones and lacked their masks. This was changed in Beta 7.0.
- All Bullpup-wielding CT bots in Tour of Duty use the ST6 model.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, there is a old model that was used in the beta versions of Source. It can still be found in the game files.
- They were the first Counter-Terrorist faction available in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta.
- In Global Offensive, one of the model variants appear to have a Beretta 92G Elite II pistol.
- The SEAL Team 6 quotes in Global Offensive make use of the military phonetic alphabet during gameplay including "We're Oscar Mike" standing for "On the Move" or sometimes, "On Mission" amongst others.
- In Global Offensive custom maps, the default CT player model is set to the first ST6 model (st6.mdl) if no kv file is set for the map.
- The only operation that has not included any maps featuring SEAL Team 6 is Operation Phoenix.
- The Kidotai is tied with the U.S. Navy Seals (and SAS counting their appearance in Alamo) for appearing in the most missions in Deleted Scenes.
- SEAL Team 6 at Wikipedia