|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
210 (20% speed reduction)
- "The terrorist-exclusive SG553 is a premium scoped alternative to the AK-47 for effective long-range engagement."
- ―Official description
- For the SG 553's predecessor, see Krieg 552.
The SG 553 serves as the replacement of the Krieg 552 from previous titles. Unlike its predecessor, the SG-553 inflicts more damage and can penetrate through armor flawlessly but originally had a lower rate of fire and higher recoil. However, in the latest update, the rate of fire was boosted and the recoil was lowered.
|Chest & Arm||30||30|
- Tied with the AUG for the highest first shot accuracy assault rifles
- High damage per shot
- Kills opponents with a single headshot
- Deals more damage than the AUG
- 100% armor penetration
- Fast firing rate
- Can lose accuracy after firing several rounds continuously
- Slightly more expensive than the AK-47
- Use the scope to engage enemies at long ranges but you should check frequently for enemies who may be quietly stalking you.
- The accuracy quickly falls off when firing full auto. When fired for sustained periods, the accuracy is almost as bad as the Negev. Burst fire to keep the spread low.
- Be sure to take advantage of the scope and aim for the head of targets.
- If enemy players get too close to your position, you should stop using the scope and aim low while spraying as the recoil moves the gun's shots upward.
- Stay away from users and do not get spotted by enemies armed with this rifle. Try to take them by surprise.
- However, inexperienced players may not be able to use this rifle effectively. When this happens, you can take down enemies at close proximity with a weapon that has a higher rate of fire.
- Counter opponents who are wielding the SG 553 with a weapon that is more accurate or has a better firing rate.
- If you are armed with more powerful sniper weapons, such as the AWP, users should be easily eliminated.
- Throwing a Flashbang at their position can increase your chances of surviving.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| SG 553 Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the SG 553.
- Main article: SG 553/Gallery
- In the game files, this weapon is listed as "sg556" rather than "sg553". This is due to the mistake made in early stages of the game development, but the weapon is actually modeled after SG556, because of the longer handguard and its collapsible stock in comparison to the SG 553 which has a shorter one. However, the real SG556 is semi-auto only, while the SG553 is full-auto like portrayed in-game.
- Before the June 26, 2013 update, while using optics, the rate of fire would decrease.
- The firing sounds of the SG 553 are reused from the older Krieg 552 rifle.
- As of the February 12, 2014 update, the old scope and crosshair was replaced with a dot sight the same color as the players crosshair.
- The SG 553 is the only weapon that is not affected by Kevlar.
- The SG 553 and its predecessor, the Krieg 552, are parts of the SG 550 family. The SG 553 is a improved variant of SG 552 which has more customization options for its user.
- SG 553 at Wikipedia