|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
The SG 553 is a Swiss assault rifle in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive exclusive to the Terrorists. Its Counter-Terrorist counterpart is the AUG A3. The SG 553 is designed to be the replacement of the Krieg 552 from previous titles, and it is designed to be statistically identical to it.
|Chest & Arm||32||22|
- Good rate of fire (without the scope)
- Tied with the AUG for the highest first shot accuracy assault rifles
- Average reload speed
- Acceptable damage
- Lower damage compared to the AK-47
- Can lose accuracy after firing several rounds continously
- Low rate of fire when scoped in
- A little more expensive than the AK-47
- You can consider this weapon as a more "accurate" rifle than the AK-47 and the counterpart weapon of the AUG.
- Due to this, use the scope to engage enemies at long ranges but you should check frequently for enemies who may be quietly stalking you.
- Be sure to take advantage of the scope and aim for the head of targets.
- If recoil becomes too high to manage, try to burst-fire or use your handgun.
- If enemy players get too close to your position, you can either stop using the scope and fire the SG 553 to increase the rate of fire or switch to your pistol or the knife and retreat.
- Spraying is not recommended unless absolutely necessary, such as when large numbers of enemy players are cluster together and when retreating is nearly impossible to do.
- Stay away from users and do not get spotted by enemies armed with this rifle.
- Counter opponents who are wielding the SG 553 with a weapon that is more accurate or has a better firing rate.
- If you are armed with more powerful sniper weapons, such as the AWP, users should be easily eliminated.
- Throwing a Flashbang at their position can increase your chances of surviving.
- If an enemy player is wielding this weapon and is using the scope, it is possible to rush into their position with guns blazing or you can silently sneak up behind and kill the player with a knife slash.
- In the game files, this weapon is still listed as "sg556" rather than "sg553". This is due to the mistake made in early stages of the game developement, however, this weapon is actually modeled after SG556, because of longer handguard in comparasion to SG553 which has a shorter one.
- SG 553 at Wikipedia