- "The terrorist-exclusive SG553 is a premium scoped alternative to the AK47 for effective long-range engagement."
- ―Official description
|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
210 (20% speed reduction)
Its Counter-Terrorist counterpart is the AUG. The SG 553 serves as the replacement of the Krieg 552 from previous titles. Unlike its predecessor, the SG-553 inflicts more damage but has a lower rate of fire and has higher recoil. However, in the latest update, the rate of fire is boosted and the recoil is lowered.
|Chest & Arm||29||29|
|Abdomen & Pelvis||37||37|
- Tied with the AUG for the highest first shot accuracy assault rifles
- High damage per shot
- Kills opponents with a single headshot
- Deals more damage than the AUG
- High armor penetration
- Can lose accuracy after firing several rounds continuously
- Slightly more expensive than the AK-47
- Less suitable for spraying bullets, compared to the AUG, due to its association with higher recoil
- Use the scope to engage enemies at long ranges but you should check frequently for enemies who may be quietly stalking you.
- Be sure to take advantage of the scope and aim for the head of targets.
- If enemy players get too close to your position, you should stop using the scope and aim low while spraying as the recoil moves the gun's shots upward.
- Stay away from users and do not get spotted by enemies armed with this rifle, try to take them by surprise.
- However, inexperienced players may not be able to use this rifle effectively. When this happens. you can take down enemies at close proximity with a weapon that has a higher rate of fire.
- Counter opponents who are wielding the SG 553 with a weapon that is more accurate or has a better firing rate.
- If you are armed with more powerful sniper weapons, such as the AWP, users should be easily eliminated.
- Throwing a Flashbang at their position can increase your chances of surviving.
- If an enemy player is wielding this weapon and is using the scope, it is possible to rush into their position with guns blazing
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| SG 553 Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the SG 553.
- In the game files, this weapon is still listed as "sg556" rather than "sg553". This is due to the mistake made in early stages of the game developement, however, this weapon is actually modeled after SG556, because of longer handguard in comparasion to SG553 which has a shorter one.
- Before an 6/26/2013 update, while using optics, the rate of fire would decrease.
- The firing sounds of the SG 553 are reused from the older Krieg 552 rifle.
- As of the 2/12/14 update, the old scope and crosshair was replaced with a red (and later green) dot sight.
- SG 553 at Wikipedia