|This article or section refers to legacy content that was inherited from previous game and/or engine releases and were not meant for use in the current game and/or engine but may show up in the in-game files.|
The SPAS-12 was a placeholder weapon used during the development Counter-Strike and of Ritual's build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (Deleted Scenes)
- The weapon was most likely a placeholder for the XM1014 as it is the only shotgun used by the AI in the final game.
- The weapon is only seen in one of the earliest Ritual Entertainment trailers for Condition Zero. The AI either used the SPAS-12 or the MP5 SD.
- Its model is a carbon copy of the original Half-Life's SPAS-12.
- This also applies to the MP5 SD.
- The only trace left of it is an unused model located in the Deleted Scenes' files. "urban.mdl" which is a model for an Arctic Avenger using Half-Life's HECU animations, most of which were probably placeholders.