|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
- For the weapon's predecessor, see Schmidt Scout.
The Steyr SSG 08 is a bolt-action sniper rifle developed by Austrian-based Steyr-Mannlicher, developed in 2008 as an evolution of the similar SSG 04. Main features of the SSG 08 include a folding buttstock, a muzzle break with the ability to be replaced by a silencer, and is chambered in calibers like the .308 Winchester, .338 Lapua, and .300 Winchester Magnum. The one in-game uses the standard .308 caliber.The player can keep 90 rounds as reserve. It has the ability to zoom twice.
|Chest & Arm||87||74|
- High damage
- Quite high accuracy when unzoomed
- Slightly faster rate of fire than the AWP
- Suffer less speed penalty
- High ammo capacity
- Requires 2 shots on the body unless a headshot or unarmored stomach is scored
- Bolt action
- When using the scope, it's still an accurate weapon but has a larger bullet spread than the AWP when it's using the scope as well
- Faster rate of fire(47 RPM vs 41 RPM)
- Lighter (-20%)
- Cheaper (-$2250)
- Can hold more reserve ammunition total (+60)
- More accurate unzoomed than the AWP
- Same magazine capacity (10)
- Bolt action
- Lower damage
- The highest zoom setting has less magnification than the AWP's highest zoom setting.
- It's less accurate when using the scope than the AWP
- Through the development of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the SSG 08 has changed its skin 3 times. In Alpha and very early Beta versions, the SSG 08 had a grey color with a silver scope. On May 25th update, the SSG 08 was fully remodeled as it was reduced in size and included a black body with a new scope texture, On August 10th 2012 update, the black color was changed to a grey camouflage, giving it a slight resemblance to the Scout.
- Unlike the Scout, you will not gain speed bonus when equipped with SSG 08.
- Originally, the reload animations of the SSG 08 were not identical to the AWSM.
- SSG08 at Wikipedia