“Be careful, let's all make it home tonight.”
Counter-Strike: Deleted Scenes
The first Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team was established by inspector Daryl Gates in the Los Angeles Police Department in 1968.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
In addition to counter-terrorism, SWAT teams are called in for hostage extraction, perimeter security and riot control.
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the officers wear grey uniforms with black gloves and boots, as well as black ballistics vests with flashlights attached. The word "POLICE" is printed on their outer arms and helmets.
The SWAT team hand model features grey sleeves with black gloves.
- The models of the SWAT in Deleted Scenes are based on the models of U.S. Navy Seals, some in the mission "Turn of the Crank" are direct copies.
- Currently, the SWAT faction is the only faction introduced in the Xbox Counter-Strike/Counter-Strike: Condition Zero to reappear in an official Source game.
- Although not included in Counter-Strike 1.6, there is a reference to the SWAT faction in the map description of Survivor.
- They were introduced to the Global Offensive Beta in the August 10th, 2012 update.
- Unlike other factions, the members of the SWAT team speak calmly in most cases, despite how tense their situation is.
- A Global Offensive Steam Trading Card depicts a SWAT officer wearing a balaclava and wielding a G3SG/1. This portrayal is inaccurate in-game as the G3SG/1 is a Terrorist-exclusive auto-sniper.
- SWAT at Wikipedia