“Be careful, let's all make it home tonight.”
Counter-Strike: Deleted Scenes
The first Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team was established by inspector Daryl Gates in the Los Angeles Police Department in 1968.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
In addition to counter-terrorism, SWAT teams are called in for hostage extraction, perimeter security and riot control.
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the officers wear grey uniforms with black gloves and boots, as well as black ballistics vests with flashlights attached. The word "POLICE" is printed on their outer arms and helmets.
The SWAT team hand model features grey sleeves with black gloves.
The SWAT appears in two missions.
In this mission, the California SWAT team from Modesto takes charge. They are tasked with neutralizing Moses Sepulveda, a Colombian drug lord working with members of a local drug cartel. The player is equipped with a briefcase wired to send a message for the raiding teams and a hidden P228 for self-defense. Moses is aware that it is a bust and manages to escape. He is eventually caught and killed in his office by the player.
In this mission, the Miami-Dade SWAT team assess the scene; desperate and heavily armed robbers successfully hold all civilians hostage, and set up demands, saying that a hostage will be killed if their demands are not met in two hours. The player must get to the drainage system, meet up with the rescue team, and rescue all of the hostages in the employee area. After that, the player communicates with the rest of the team to send backup. Two operatives rappel down and one comes in through the window, killing all threats, except the boss whom the player kills, ending the threat.
- The models of the SWAT in Deleted Scenes are based on the models of U.S. Navy Seals, some in the mission "Turn of the Crank" are direct copies.
- Currently, the SWAT faction is the only faction introduced in the Xbox Counter-Strike/Counter-Strike: Condition Zero to reappear in an official Source game.
- Although not included in Counter-Strike 1.6, there is a reference to the SWAT faction in the map description of Survivor.
- They were introduced to the Global Offensive Beta in the August 10th, 2012 update.
- Unlike other factions, the members of the SWAT team speak calmly in most cases, despite how tense their situation is.
- A Global Offensive Steam Trading Card depicts a SWAT officer wearing a balaclava and wielding a G3SG/1. This portrayal is inaccurate in-game as the G3SG/1 is a Terrorist-exclusive auto-sniper.
- SWAT at Wikipedia