|Magazine capacity||7 / 32|
|Rate of fire||71 RPM|
|Reload time||3.2 seconds (all 7 shells)|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|210 / 250 (84%)|
|Kill Award|| $900 (Competitive)|
|Damage|| 32 (1 pellet)|
256 (1 shot)
|Recoil Control||1 / 26 (3%)|
|Accurate Range||2.2 m|
“The classic Sawed-Off deals very heavy close-range damage, but with its low accuracy, high spread and slow rate of fire, you'd better kill what you hit.”
The Sawed-Off is a modified Remington 870 shotgun with a shorter, 'sawed-off' barrel. The term "Sawed-Off" (also called Sawn-off in the UK and commonwealth countries) means shortening the barrel and the stock of a rifle and shotguns, making them easier to use at tight quarters. Sawed-off shotguns typically have a weapon length less than 18 inches and the shortened barrel will also give the gun a greater scatter effect if the user fires buckshot. Sawed-Off shotguns are infamously used by bank robbers because of their small size and ease of concealment (normally within pants).
In-game, the gun holds seven rounds of 12 gauge ammunition. It inflicts very high damage which can kill an enemy with just one shot at close range and two to three shots in medium range. This shotgun can be fired while reloading, and like all other shotguns except for the MAG-7. It has a 3x kill award multiplier with 32 shells held in reserve.
The Sawed-Off originally required the primary attack button to be used for each shot unlike other shotguns in Global Offensive, which can be fired automatically when the primary attack can be held down for sequential shots. This was fixed in an update, making all pump-action shotguns fire when the primary attack button is held down.
|Chest & Arm||32||24|
|Each shot contains 8 pellets.|
The Sawed-Off is a moderate weight weapon. When wielded, the user will suffer 16% speed reduction.
- Compared to the other shotguns featured in Global Offensive, the Sawed-Off inflicts the heaviest damage on opponents who are sufficiently close
- One of the cheapest primary weapons, the same amount as the Nova.
- Although the high spread may cause some pellets to not successfully hit a target, the high damage of the remaining pellets should be sufficient to eliminate a target. Compared to the MAG-7, the higher spread can be beneficial if the target is moving with great speed.
- Little accuracy loss while moving, making strafing and shooting easier.
- At medium range and further, the pellets will actually disappear.
- Users are still vulnerable if they have to reload (similar to most of the other shotguns)
- The Sawed-Off has the highest spread compared to the other shotguns.
- Extremely low effective range
- Heavier than any other shotguns despite its appearance.
- Try to maintain a position around corners to ambush passing targets. While attempting to ambush an enemy, continue firing if the first shot does not kill the target unless the enemy has a shotgun or a weapon with high rate of fire.
- If close proximity is not possible with a target head on, try to sneak behind an enemy's player back to get closer and maximize damage.
- Engaging groups of enemies with the Sawed-Off is ill-advised unless plenty of backup is available.
- If caught in the open while trying to sneak up on a target, fire once, strafe, and fire again. This is only recommended to use when in fairly close contact without the possibility of retreat.
- Due to the high moving inaccuracy, rushing with this shotgun is ill-advised.
- While modeled after a sawed-off Remington 870 shotgun, the name "Relphington 808" can be seen engraved on the side of the shotgun. This is most likely intentionally done to avoid licensing/copyright issues.
- The weapon is modeled after a 4 round tube, but holds 7 shells in-game.
- Despite a sawed-off shotgun being intended to make the shotgun more maneuverable, the Sawed-Off ironically has the slowest movement speed for a shotgun in-game.
- The Sawed-Off uses the beta animations of the Nova.
- Remington 870 on Wikipedia.