The Schmidt Machine Pistol, more commonly referred to as the TMP or Steyr TMP, is a submachine gun featured in all of the Counter-Strike games, up until Counter-Strike: Global Offensive where it will be replaced by the MP9.
The TMP is a fairly weak submachine gun only available to the Counter-Terrorists. Most players tend not to use it because of its low damage and wild crosshair. Due to the wild crosshair, it is very inaccurate. For those reasons, the TMP is uncommon, usually being replaced by the MP5 or P90. However, if used with the right player, it can surpass all the other SMGs and some assault rifles.
|Chest & Arm||25||12|
The TMP is a fairly light weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 250 units per second, meaning they suffer no speed reduction. The TMP is one of the many guns that have the ability to shoot underwater. It is also one of the many weapons that cannot perform collateral damage.
- Fast reload
- Fast rate of fire
- Fairly light
- Very inaccurate
- Wild crosshair
- Low damage
- This is a good stealth weapon due to the silencer. It may have more use on winding maps such as Office or Nuke than maps such as Dust2.
- If encountering an enemy, try aiming low, particularly at the feet or legs. This will make headshots slightly easier.
- If cover is available, reloading may be the better option instead of changing weapons due to the quick animation.
- Remember, this weapon is very weak. Frontline combat might not be the best option.
- It might be wise to pull out your sidearm in opening areas.
- Remember to reload often.
- This weapon is most effective in close quarters, especially airshafts.
- Pick up other weapon such MP5 or Glock 18 to add more ammo, since this weapon empties its magazine pretty fast.
- Forget using the TMP for medium and long ranges. It is best to utilize this weapon for ambush purposes when the enemy gets very close to your position.
- Use long range weaponry against its users.
- Most submachine guns can be useful against its users.
- High caliber weapons such as Desert Eagle and AK-47 can be used to good effect on TMP users.
- Assault Rifles or the XM1014 auto-shotgun can be useful at close range.
- Due to the weapon's bad accuracy, it is normally easy to take down a Schmidt Machine Pistol user, even at close range. In this case, nearly any weapon is recommended in taking down the user.
|Schmidt Machine Pistol Expert||Kill 500 enemy players with the Schmidt Machine Pistol|
- The silencer attached to the TMP cannot be removed, and this is the only weapon with unremoveable silencer. However, the HUD icons show the TMP without its silencer. This is probably done to reduce the size of the icon.
- The database file name for this weapon is tmp.
- The TMP in Condition Zero and Deleted Scenes appears to have a picatinny rail, while it is not included in Counter-Strike or Counter-Strike: Source.
- Despite being exclusive to Counter-Terrorists in the multiplayer games, it is commonly used by Terrorists in Deleted Scenes and in fact the only time it is usable by the player is the mission Miami Heat.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, this is the only weapon to have an idle animation other than the knife.
- If equipped with the 9x19mm Sidearm or .40 Dual Elites, they will draw from a single ammo reserve due to sharing the same cartridge
- In Counter-Strike and Condition Zero, player model hold the TMP as pistol, but however, in Counter-Strike Source, they hold same as viewmodel.
- Main article: Schmidt Machine Pistol/Gallery
- Tactical Machine Pistol at Wikipedia