The map was a shooting range type map, reminiscent of an indoors paintball course/field.
The map was originally designed by Stephen Palmer of Gearbox Software and released as a custom map for the original Counter-Strike in May 2000. It was a tight map intended for just four or six players.
When Gearbox Software took over development of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, a remake of the map was to be featured in the title. This remade version of the map was a greatly expanded version of the original map. This basic design of the remake was once again done by Palmer, and some editing of the map was done by Josh Jeffcoat. Released screenshots suggest that textures from the original custom map release would be reused.
- ↑ .plan File for Randy Pitchford
- ↑ CS-Nation News - GearBox Map. Archived from the original on 2002-06-14.
- ↑ Frontline Message Board - Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Preview
- ↑ PC Games 04/02 (2002) Computec Media GmbH.
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Information Vault - Josh Jeffcoat Interview.