Siege (cs_siege) is an official Hostage rescue map featured in Counter-Strike. Due to numerous sniping positions, the size of the map, and the difficulty in escorting the hostages successfully to the hostage rescue zone, it is one of the less popular Hostage rescue maps.
Counter-Terrorists: Enter the POW stronghold and rescue the hostages. Take out the Terrorists without jeopardizing the hostages.
Terrorists: Prevent Counter-Terrorist force from rescuing the hostages.
Other Notes: There are 4 hostages in the mission.
- This is the oldest map in Counter-Strike saga that is still played, and the second oldest map ever, before cs_mansion.
- The Counter-Terrorist bots in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero may accidentally fall down the hole just in front of the spawn point, causing severe damage or even death. However, this is very rare due to the CT bots cannot progress further if they descend down the hole and attempt to travel through the mines as they are unable to use the button to activate the elevator at the end of the mine.
- The elevator in the mines should be used with caution, it is easy to get hurt here.
- In early beta versions of Counter-Strike, Siege was set in the morning. In Beta 6.1, it has been changed to night and again, it was changed to evening in Beta 7.1 but now with new textures but with same map layout (for example destroyed bridge near CT spawn or many other little things that are not that noticable).
- In Beta 7.1 of Counter-Strike, you could drive the APC at the Counter-Terrorist spawn area
- Unlike the other Hostage Rescue maps in the beta, Siege featured several routes to infiltrate that may have guaranteed its survival until Counter-Strike 1.6