Siege (cs_siege) is an official Hostage rescue map featured in Counter-Strike. Due to numerous sniping positions, the size of the map, and the difficulty in escorting the hostages successfully to the hostage rescue zone, it is one of the less popular Hostage rescue maps.
Counter-Terrorists: Enter the POW stronghold and rescue the hostages. Take out the Terrorists without jeopardizing the hostages.
Terrorists: Prevent Counter-Terrorist force from rescuing the hostages.
Other Notes: There are 4 hostages in the mission.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
The map was remade and was changed into an industrial setting secluded in a jungle environment. Balancing issues were addressed and partially fixed to ensure the Counter-Terrorist team was no longer pinned down by Terrorist snipers, especially in the garage at the Terrorist Spawn Zone. Throughout the map. players are given more infiltration routes to take in order to avoid snipers. Moreover. at least one hostage will not spawn at the security center/bunkers and is usually found near the garage.
The official factions are the Pirates and the SWAT Team.
- Main article: Siege/Guide
- This is the oldest map in Counter-Strike saga that is still played, and the second oldest map ever, before cs_mansion.
- The Counter-Terrorist bots in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero may accidentally fall down the hole just in front of the spawn point, causing severe damage or even death. However, this is very rare as CT bots cannot progress further if they descend down the hole and attempt to travel through the mines as they are unable to use the button to activate the elevator at the end of the mine.
- The elevator in the mines should be used with caution, it is easy to get hurt here.
- In the early beta versions of Counter-Strike, Siege was set in the morning. In Beta 6.1, it has been changed to night and again, it was changed to evening in Beta 7.1 but now with new textures but with same map layout (for example , there is a destroyed bridge near the CT spawn zone while there are many other minor changes).
- In Beta 7.1 of Counter-Strike, you could drive the APC at the Counter-Terrorist spawn area.
- Unlike the other Hostage Rescue maps in the beta, Siege featured several routes to infiltrate that may have guaranteed its survival until Counter-Strike 1.6
- This is the one of the few official maps that has an operational elevator for players to use, though bots will never use the elevator.