Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The UH-60 Black Hawk is an attack helicopter that only appears in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes. Its relative, the CH-53E Super Stallion also appears as a moving prop that drops of the Counter-Terrorists at their spawn point in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Aztec, Dust, and Vertigo.
The Black Hawk is an attack helicopter equipped with several 70mm rockets and a turret. Although it is mainly used for evacuating and rappelling troops, it can be also used to assault opposition. The Black Hawk is widely considered as the counterpart of the Hind.
Black Hawks are very vulnerable to a rocket fired by a M72 LAW. One or two direct hits from it will take the Black Hawk out, as seen (or done) in Alamo and Rise Hard. Because of this, players should always eliminate enemy targets that are wielding the M72 LAW as a first priority.
Condition Zero: Deleted ScenesEdit
They appear in many missions:
- Recoil - One will be shot down, another is seen at the end of the mission
- Drug Lab - Three are seen at the start of the mission
- Downed Pilot
- Building Recon
- Alamo - The player has to protect it from enemy M72 LAW threats until it lands.
- Rise Hard - The Black Hawk will take out the Mi-24 Hind and assist the player in clearing the roof, but will be shot down by a M72 LAW in a scripted event.
- Most Black Hawks in real life have ability to transport 11 armed troopers, are armed with 2 M134 Miniguns on both sides, and are usually utility helicopters instead of attack helicopters, though the attack variant of the Black Hawk also exists.
- In game, the Black Hawk can easily shoot down a Mi-24 Hind. However, in real life, the Mi-24 is much more harder to shot down, due to their thick armor and heavy armament. The Black Hawk is versatile enough to carry air to air missile to counter such threat though.
- The closest counterpart to the Mi-24 in real life should be the Bell AH-1Z Viper.
- The animation of soldiers rappelling down the helicopter is derived from the animation of HECU marines rappelling down from the V-22 Osprey in Half-Life.
- Due to this, NPCs never need to reload and they can spray their weapon when they are rappelling down, regardless if their weapon can be sprayed or not. If the player spawns a hostile NPC at the end of the mission while the CTs are armed with the Scout or XM1014 while they are rappelling down, they are able to fire those weapon in full-automatic mode.
- When you try to spawn a Black hawk using the give monster_apache code, it will instead spawn an AH-64 Apache from Half-Life hostile to the player.
- Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk at Wikipedia