|First appearance||Counter-Strike 1.3|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike 1.6|
Storm (de_storm) is an official bomb defusal map.
Since the map contains dark wide corridors, which is perfect for ambushes, and confusing passageways, it is one of the less popular bomb defusal maps.
Counter-Terrorists: Protect weapons crates. These weapons are to be delivered to an allied country threatened by terrorists.
Terrorists: There is an attempt to arm a small country your faction wishes to attack for the political reasons. Stop the weapons from reaching them.
Other Notes: There are 2 stashes of weapon crates in this mission.
- If the bomb successfully detonates, it is possible to see an AK-47 lying around in the aftermath. However, it cannot be picked up because it is a part of the gibs entity rather than existing as an actual weapon entity and it will disappear within a few seconds.
- This is one of the few maps in which the Night vision goggles are useful and the scale of the map makes it a good map for snipers.
- Daank, the author of the map, made a second version to fix many of the gameplay/technical issues. The author also added new textures and more routes but the map was never made official.
- Currently, three unofficial Counter-Strike: Global Offensive remakes can be found on the Steam Workshop:
- ↑ http://totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?29071-de_storm2
- ↑ http://cstrike.exkill.de/maps/de_storm2.txt