The TMP is a fairly weak submachine gun only available to the Counter-Terrorists. Most players tend not to use it because of its low damage and wild crosshair. Due to the wild crosshair, it is very inaccurate. For those reasons, the TMP is uncommon, usually being replaced by the MP5 or P90. However, if used with the right player, it can surpass all the other SMGs and some assault rifles.
|Chest & Arm||25||12|
The TMP is a light weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 250 units per second, meaning they suffer no speed reduction. The TMP is one of the many guns that have the ability to shoot underwater.
- Silenced, harder for bots to detect.
- Fast reload
- Fast rate of fire
- Light (No speed reduction)
- Very inaccurate
- High recoil (in Source)
- Low damage
- Fixed Silencer, cannot be unattached
- In the GoldSrc games, players will almost never use this SMG, due to the high spread and low damage.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, the TMP is more accurate but spraying bullets is still not recommended beyond close range.
- This weapon is the most effective in close quarters rather than for medium and long ranges.
- This is also a good stealth weapon due to the silencer. It may have more use on winding maps such as Office or Nuke than maps such as Dust2.
- At close range, spray full-auto and aim at the head, two hits at the head will kill.
- When confronting an enemy player at medium range, be sure to crouch and aim low or at the chest while firing. The inaccuracy of the weapon cannot guarantee a headshot and will just waste precious ammunition and time.
- Forget using the TMP for long ranges. It is best to utilize this weapon for ambush purposes when the enemy gets very close to your position.
- If the recoil from this Submachine gun becomes too uncontrollable, be sure to burst-fire this weapon or retreat and wait for a few seconds. Usually, the silencer will enable you to remain hidden behind props, especially if enemies are distracted by loud gunfire from a fight.
- If cover is available, reloading may be the better option instead of changing weapons due to the quick reload.
- Remember, this weapon is very weak. Frontline combat might not be the best option.
- In Source, you can use the TMP in early rounds but it's suggested to use something better later on.
- It might be wise to pull out your sidearm in opening areas, due to this weapon's limited reach and accuracy.
- Remember to reload often.
- If you are running out of ammunition and would prefer to use the TMP because of its silencer, look for dropped weapons like the Glock 18 and the MP5.
- Keep strafing and taking cover while firing at enemies. This can allow the TMP to regain accuracy for every time you stop firing. You may even score a headshot with this technique.
- If the buy time has not expired, the TMP can be purchased during the pistol round if you can score more than 2 kills (provided you don't purchase any other items). This should allow you to eliminate Terrorists with this SMG, though users need to know it sacrifices accuracy for a high rate of fire.
- Use long range weaponry against its users.
- Avoid all close contact with its users.
- Most submachine guns can be useful against its users.
- High caliber weapons such as Desert Eagle and AK-47 can be used to good effect on TMP users.
- Assault Rifles or the XM1014 auto-shotgun can be useful at close range.
- Due to the weapon's bad accuracy, it is normally easy to take down a Schmidt Machine Pistol user, even at close range. In this case, nearly any weapon is recommended in taking down the user.
| Schmidt Machine Pistol Expert|
Kill 500 enemy players with the Schmidt Machine Pistol.
- The silencer attached to the TMP cannot be removed and this is the only weapon with an unremoveable silencer. However, the HUD icons show the TMP without its silencer. This is probably implemented to reduce the size of the icon.
- The database file name for this weapon is tmp.
- The TMP in Condition Zero and Deleted Scenes appears to have a picatinny rail, while it is not included in Counter-Strike or Counter-Strike: Source, the silencer in later games are different as well.
- Despite being exclusive to Counter-Terrorists in the multiplayer games, it is commonly used by Terrorists in Deleted Scenes and, in fact, the only time it is usable by the player is the mission Miami Heat.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, this is the only weapon to have an idle animation other than the knife.
- However, in Counter-Strike 1.0, it also had an idle animation. This was deleted in Counter-Strike 1.6.
- If equipped with the 9x19mm Sidearm or .40 Dual Elites, they will draw from a single ammo reserve due to sharing the same cartidge. Also if you find KM Sub-Machinegun, you can get more ammunition for your TMP. (Older games only)
- In Source, the TMP is more accurate and has surprisingly lower spread like the MAC-10 (though the MAC-10 still has wild recoil in Source). Thus, they are more effective than their older game counterparts.
- In Counter-Strike and Condition Zero, the player model featured players holding the TMP as a pistol. However, in Counter-Strike Source, they hold the same as the view model and the holding animation is reused from Half-Life 2's MP7. This also applies to the MAC-10, T's counterpart.
- Main article: Schmidt Machine Pistol/Gallery
- Tactical Machine Pistol at Wikipedia