|Magazine capacity||32 / 120|
|Rate of fire||500 RPM|
|Weight (loaded)||1.2 kilograms|
|Muzzle velocity||1181 ft / s|
|Reload time||2.5 seconds|
|Movement speed (units per second)||240|
|Recoil Control||17 / 26 (65%)|
|Accurate Range||19 m|
- "A low-accuracy semi-automatic, the Tec-9 offers excellent penetration damage and a high magazine capacity, though its recoil can be unforgiving."
- ―Official description
The Tec-9 is a Swedish-made semi-automatic pistol fed with 32 rounds of 9mm. Although its accuracy is low and the recoil is hard to control, it has excellent penetration power and damage, as well as high magazine capacity. The reload time is average, making it one of the most favorable pistol during the pistol round.
|Chest & Arm||33||29|
- Highest magazine capacity of all pistols
- Acceptable damage
- Cheap (PC:$500) (Console:$400)
- Good rate of fire
- Average reload time
- Light weight
- High recoil
- Wide spread upon continuous fire
- Low accuracy in long range
- Exclusive to the Terrorists
- It is recommended to spray bullets on targets within close proximity. Aim at the chest to increase the possibility of scoring a headshot.
- If enemies are located at longer ranges, try to burst-fire the Tec-9 or switch to more suitable firearms.
- Aiming at the head is normally the best strategy, unless there are too many opponents. If this happens, try to inflict as much damage as possible and retreat. Then, find another angle to strike back.
- Alternatively, use Smoke grenade to make spraying less risky, this is best performed in tight quarters.
- It is rather best to not engage groups of enemies without a teammate providing cover fire as the Tec-9's poor accuracy won't do much to save the player.
- Although the Tec-9 can unleash a high rate of fire, avoid spraying bullets for long periods of time. This will make the pistol very inaccurate and have high spread as a consequence.
- Unless you're a highly skilled pistol user, avoid close-ranged combat with all users whenever possible.
- Once a Tec-9 user sprays bullets and you are not in close range, he is less likely to score a lethal headshot. This will also give you more time to eliminate an enemy wielder.
- More accurate and powerful weapons are recommended to engage users.
- Watch out for enemies who are wielding the Tec-9 if you have to reload. The Tec-9 has a large magazine and can be reloaded quickly, giving them an advantage if you are equipped with weapons that have a low rate of fire. small magazine capacity, and lengthy reload time.
- Rushing at enemies armed with this weapon is ill-advised, unless they are not aware of you.
- Weapons with a high rate of fire can counter Tec-9 users at close ranges.
- Main article: Tec-9/Gallery
| Tec-9 Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Tec-9.
- This is one of few weapons that uses the 9mm Parabellum in which it can kill fully armored players with a single headshot. The other pistol that shares this capability is the CZ75 Auto.
- Unlike depictions of some movies and video games, the Tec-9 cannot fire full auto without modification. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Tec-9 fires semi-auto, just like the original civilian version of the Intratec Tec-9.