During the ESL One Cologne 2014 CS:GO Championship, players have the ability to participate in The Cologne 2014 Pick'Em Challenge. Prior to the tournament matches, players could use team stickers from the ESL One Cologne 2014 sticker capsules to pick winners of upcoming matches. Stickers from the ESL One Cologne 2014 Challengers and ESL One Cologne 2014 Legends were available to use for the challenge. Picking a team with a team sticker during the tournament locked the sticker and made it unavailable to use, trade, or sell until the event day was complete. Undoing a pick did not unlock the sticker until the event day was complete.
The Cologne 2014 Pick'Em Challenge Trophy
During the tournament, choosing the winning team granted the player points towards his or her Pick'Em Challenge Trophy. There was a total of 100 points possible, received by correctly choosing every winning team throughout the tournament as well as earning a single point per day just by participating. All trophies were awarded after the tournament has completed.
- Bronze: Awarded after scoring 25 points
- Silver: Awarded after scoring 50 points
- Gold: Awarded after scoring 75 points
- Day 1 Group stage - August 14: Each correct pick is 3 points
- Day 2 Group stage - August 15: Each correct pick is 3 points
- Day 3 Quarterfinals - August 16: Each correct pick is 6 points
- Day 4 Semi and Grand Finals - August 17: Each correct pick is 8 points
Although players did not receive the trophy until after the event was complete, the player was able to compete with friends and track his or her progress by checking the Pick'Em Friends Leaderboard on a daily basis.