|Deleted Scenes Mission|
|Counter-Terrorist Agency||Russian Spetsnaz|
|Overview||A hijacked Russian nuclear-powered icebreaker is on a collision course with the city, Vardo, Norway. Massive fatalities are predicted if the ship impacts this border city.|
|Main objectives||Eliminate any opposition.|
Shut down the ship's reactors.
Thin Ice (cz_thinice) is the eighth mission in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes storyline. This mission is not available in the World Map Menu.
With the power of only one man, the player must sabotage an icebreaker alone from crushing the border city. The player has to use enemies' power to overcome them. At the end of the mission, the player must fight against a Harrier to prevent the terrorist from escaping.
- Main article: Thin Ice/Walkthrough
A hijacked Russian nuclear-powered icebreaker is on a collision course with the city, Vardo, Norway. Massive fatalities are predicted if the ship impacts this border city. The player must eliminate any oppositions and shut down the ship's reactor before it's too late.
- Locate and disable vessels engines.
- Proceed to bridge and steer the vessel away from shore.
- Prevent terrorists from escaping.
- See: Thin Ice/Transcript
|Russian Spetsnaz||The Russian Spetsnaz must shut down the ship's reactor before it crashes the city.|
|Arctic Avengers||The Arctic Avengers have hijacked an icebreaker. The ship will crash the city in any moment.|
Weapons & EquipmentsEdit
|P228 Compact||13 / 26|
|Blowtorch||1 (used one time)|
|RC bomb||5 (used two times)|
|Kevlar||1 (one more kevlar discovered later in mission)|
|Icon||Weapon||Ammo/Amount||Where to Found|
|UMP .45||25 / 48||Found beyond the locked door that to be opened by blowtorch|
|Leone 12 Gauge Super||8 / 16||Found at the side of the gear|
|Desert Eagle||7 / 28||Found beyond the dead civilian where stood|
|.40 Dual Elites||30 / 0||Found beyond the broken cylindrical object that you stepped on that opens the door|
|Steyr Scout||10 / 60||Found above the container box|
|Magnum Sniper Rifle||10 / 30||Taken from an enemy at the top of the area|
There are no other Russian Spetsnaz operatives in action except the player in this mission.
- Machete - (used frequently)
- Glock 18 - (used frequently)
- XM1014 - (three enemies, separated, discovered in the middle of the mission)
- TMP - (one enemy, discovered in the middle of the mission, situated at hard-to-see position)
- MP5 Navy - (one enemy, discovered in the middle of the mission, with large group)
- AK-47 - (four enemies, separated, discovered later in mission)
- Arctic Warfare Magnum - (three enemies, separated, discovered later in mission)
- Flashbang - (two enemies, ambush)
- HE grenade - (one enemy)
The user of the weapons:
|Radio controlled bomb zone||2|
Mission Notes Edit
- The commander of the mission states that you have 15 minutes to complete all the objectives, however, there is no time limit in this mission.
- The Harrier you encounter will not escape, so just take your time and take it out.
- Only Sniper rifles can damage the Harrier.
- The best way (or the fastest way) to destroy the Harrier is by quickly switching AWP and Scour after a each shot as opposed to "cook" after each shot.
- The door in the engine room won't open until you stop the engine, look for the green light for the switches if you are stuck.
- If you jump in the water, you will die because it is the Artic Ocean.
- The turret can be taken out easily but they are small, listen for the beep sound to locate them.
- If you throw HE grenade in the meal transporter at cafeteria, it will cause an big explosion, for the reason is unknown, it will kill all terrorist in cafeteria as well at the controller of the boat, the only way to survive this big explosion is standing on the table with radio.
- It takes three maps to build this mission.
- The mission success music was used in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The music is used when the player wins a map in Tour Of Duty campaign.
- There are four hostile ceiling-turret in this mission, it taken form Half-Life and use the smaller single barreled variant.
- The opera song heard somewhere in the ship (usually from the radio) is the song "E Il Sol Dell'anima" sung by Luciano Pavarotti and originally used in Counter Strike Condition Zero map Italy.
- About halfway through the map, there are two yellow platforms sticking out of a yellow cylindrical object. Jumping on the second one causes the first to break, and opens up a door leading to the .40 Dual Elites while playing a sheep sound.
- The AWP is one of the few weapons you take from NPC in this mission, and the .338 Lapua Magnum ammo box is seen only in this mission.
- It is odd that the Russians has the Harrier on board, the Harrier family are currently used by NATO nations. The VTOL aircraft was also used by Russians however, most notably the Yakovlev Yak-38, NATO reporting name "Forger".
- It is speculated that the player's model is a spetsnaz operative in arctic uniform but if the player goes in third person (console commands), he/she will discover that there is no player model. This can be seen in the rest of Deleted Scene's missions and is common in many games which use the first-person point of view.
- In the sound files of Thin ice, some voices of the CNC says that they will destroy the ship when the player did not stop the engine, this was probably cut during the development of this mission.
- A glitch may happen if you exit without saving right after the mission starts, after loading the autosave, you will be stucked. Since the mission is not selectable on the World Map, you need to play the previous mission to play this mission.
Other Spetsnaz MissionEdit