| This article has been added to a comment watch list.|
Please carefully read the article and any existing comments before submitting a comment. We are always willing and available to answer questions or comments, but to reduce comment spam, posting a comment or question that has already been answered in the article or via another comment will result in the comment being deleted without notification.
The Trade Up Contract, formerly known as the Arms Deal Contract, is a base grade tool awarded to all players since its release. The contract allows players to trade 10 weapon skins of the same weapon grade from any collection for 1 new weapon skin of the next highest grade tier chosen randomly from one of the collections used. Regardless of the exteriors of the skins used, the new weapon skin's exterior will be randomly chosen. The process is sometimes called "crafting" by players. The process is confirmed and cannot be reverted after the signature is signed.
Formerly, the weapons available for trade were color graded ones rewarded from crates. However, with the Operation Bravo updated, the Arms Deal Contract was renamed to Trade Up Contract can be used with weapons from any collection. Mixing weapons from different collections is also allowed, provided the skins used for the input are at the same tier. The resulting weapon skin will be randomly chosen from one of the input collections. The exact ratio used when mixing collections is not known, but it is assumed to be directly correlated to the amount input. For example, the more of a single collection used as input, the more likely the outcome will be from the same collection.
Possible Weapon Grade OutcomesEdit
- Light blue (Uncommon) - Industrial
- Darker blue (Rare) - Mil-spec
- Purple (Mythical) - Restricted
- Pink (Legendary) - Classified
- Red (Ancient) - Covert
Not all weapons are eligible for the trade up contract. As of the May 28, 2014 update, a context menu was added to the inventory screen which directly opens the skin in the Trade Up Contract. Unusable weapons will not have this context item. Despite common belief, you cannot trade 10 Red (Ancient) Covert weapons skins for knives.
Weapons excluded from being used in the Trade Up Contract include:
- StatTrak™ weapon skins
- Souvenir weapon skins
- Red (Ancient) Covert weapon skins
- Light Brown (Discontinued) Contraband weapon skins
- Skins from one grade of a collection without having a next highest grade skin available (this includes mixing collections)
- Added the Arms Deal Contract, allowing players to exchange items from the Arms Deal case.
- Use the Arms Deal Contract to exchange 10 of your Arms Deal Collection items of identical quality for a single Arms Deal Collection item of a quality one tier higher. Note: Knives are not part of collections.
- Replaced "Arms Deal Collection Contract" with "Trade Up Contract" that can be used with weapons from any Collection.
- Fixed not auto-scrolling away from a blank item list.
- Fixed being able to submit without signing.
- Fixed signatures being offset from the mouse cursor.
- The Trade Up Contract no longer restricts items to a single collection. In exchange for 10 items of identical quality, the Trade Up Contract provides one item of the next highest quality, from a collection of one of the items provided.
- Added a new context menu option ‘Use With Trade Up Contract,’ which will be visible when you own ten or more items of the same quality.
- Added context menu for all items that tells you how many items you need to fulfill a trade-up contract (entry links to the marketplace, pre-filtered for items that can fulfill the contract).