|Creator(s)|| Christopher Mair|
(Barking Dog Studios)
Hidden Path Entertainment
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|Counter-Terrorists||SEAL Team 6|
|First appearance||BETA 5.0|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent Terrorists from bombing the nuclear payloads on two trains. Team members must defuse any bombs that threaten the payloads.
Other Notes: There are 2 payloads on the trains in the mission.
The original map featured plain textures derived from Half Life and the conflict was taking place in an industrial setting with a train station. Some of the sounds heard throughout the map were the engines of a plane, similar to cs_747.
The map was completely revamped from the textures to the environment of the area. Furthermore, the setting included a more lively atmosphere such as increased brightness and more sounds. Notably, the train cars have been improved for added realism and the back halls have been partially converted to a shower room and a lunch room. There are the sounds of hissing steam in the long hall, where there were boilers, and the plane sounds were replaced with that of train horns. Finally, the roof of Bombsite B has reduced in height, allowing players to counter snipers.
Valve made major improvements to Train. Originally when added to Global Offensive, the majority of the changes were simple visual tweaks with some gameplay tweaks based on testing and feedback.
Train was further updated on December 10, 2014 drastically altering the map's visual style as well as altering some of the gameplay tactics. Some notable changes moving Bomb site B from the enclosed tunnel (and renaming to Bomb site A) to the middle of the area while removing a tunnel, adding cover to the connector to T-Spawn, and removing the cover near Ladder. Furthermore, the only sniping position in the bomb site is opposite the T Spawn connector. Finally, to curb camping, brightness was increased and the train cars no longer allowed players to move underneath them.
The back hall was increased in size, to help players avoid snipers, and the ramp up to the back of Bomb site A was replaced with transitional ladders. The environment was more distinctly Russian or Soviet compared to the original Train.
The official factions in this map is SEAL Team 6 and the Balkans. The revised version's bomb site A contains a derailed flatbed cargo car with two nuclear containers, while bomb site B contains a flatbed car with two boxed diesel train engines.
| Train Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on the DE_Train map.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Train Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on Train.
- Apparently, the train yards in Counter-Strike: Source are owned by "Southwestern Disposal Inc".
- In the Terrorist Spawn Zone of Counter-Strike: Source, there is a deceased body of a security guard. This scene was mirrored by de_nuke in Source and the original version of train in Global Offensive.
- The revised version of Train in Global Offensive has several Easter Eggs.
- Inside the Ladder area, there is an small area named "Popdog". This is an homage to the original train car used as cover for the entrance (and other train cars) when the map was first released. If the player turns to the left, a "Pop Dog" crate can be seen. The remainder of the area is referred to as Ladder.
- There is a sign near the T Spawn restricting the stomping of birds, which is an homage to the briefly exploited and aptly named "bird boost" in which a player could piggy back on flocking birds to get out of the map's normal boundaries.
- In the revised version of Train, there's a mosaic of Vladimir Lenin on a building at the Terrorist Spawn.
- In the revised version of Train, there is a Geiger Counter on bombsite A. If the player stands directly on top of it, the player can hear the distinctive "crackle" sound that Geiger Counters emit.
- The train yard in the revised version of Train is "ЛЕСОГРАД-1 ВОКЗАЛ", which roughly translates to "Lesograd-1 Station".
- December 10, 2014
- December 11, 2014
- Sadly fixed a hilarious bug where players could ride pigeons
- Fixed some spots where a dropped bomb could get stuck
- Fixed player collision on Bombsite A white boxes
- Fixed one-way wallbang through shack near connector
- December 18, 2014
- Widened lower ladder room.
- Blocked visibility from Bombsite B lower ramp to T ramp.
- Pushed back T spawn slightly.
- Updated collision model on train bumper models.
- Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck.
- Fixed sun orientation.
- ↑ Counter-Strike blog - Reintroducing Train
- ↑ Reddit.com - Hello old friend
- ↑ Reddit.com - New sign in de_train pays homage to bird boost
- ↑ YouTube - Train Bird Boost [PATCHED]