|Creator(s)|| Chris Mair (Barking Dog Studios) (original author)|
Valve Corporation (CSS, CSGO)
Hidden Path Entertainment (CSGO)
|Counter-Terrorists||SEAL Team 6|
|First appearance||BETA 5.0|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent Terrorists from bombing the nuclear payloads on two trains. Team members must defuse any bombs that threaten the payloads.
Other Notes: There are 2 payloads on the trains in the mission.
The original map featured plain textures derived from Half Life and the conflict was taking place in an industrial setting with a train station. Some of the sounds heard throughout the map were the engines of a plane, similar to cs_747.
The map was completely revamped from the textures to the environment of the area. Furthermore, the setting included a more lively atmosphere such as increased brightness and more sounds. Notably, the train cars have been improved for added realism and the back halls have been partially converted to a shower room and a lunch room. There are the sounds of hissing steam in the long hall, where there were boilers, and the plane sounds were replaced with that of train horns. Finally, the roof of Bombsite B has reduced in height, allowing players to counter snipers.
Apparently, the trainyards are owned by "Southwestern Disposal Inc."
Valve made major improvements to Train as the textures were changed once more. The nuclear payloads were replaced with radioactive barrels and the position of the bomb target in Bombsite B was moved out of the enclosed loading docks to the middle of the area. Furthermore, there are two roofs in that bombsite which allows both teams to appoint a sniper for additional cover. Finally, to curb camping, brightness has increased and the train cars no longer allowed players to move underneath them.
In an update to CS:GO. the back hall was increased in size, to help players avoid snipers.
The English words were changed into Russian, probably to indicate this map is located in Russia or some other European location.
- Main article: Train/Guide
- Counter-terrorists always have an unanimous advantage in this map as they can make use of silencer from the pistol round itself.
- For CTs, using the silencer is very crucial. This will allow the CT team to infiltrate enemy lines.
- Foot steps play a very important role as most of the regions in any site of the map are dark.
- Terrorists must be sure that they have a good inventory of all kinds of grenade and a proper plan so that the enemy can be bluffed.
- In older Counter-Strike versions, players can easily camp beneath the train cars, thus effectively ambushing targets.
| Train Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on the DE_Train map.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Train Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on Train.
- Main article: Train/Gallery
- In the Terrorist Spawn Zone of Counter-Strike: Source, there is a deceased body of a security guard. This scene was mirrored by de_nuke in CS:S and CS:GO.