Truth in Chaos is an extra mission in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes.
The player must liberate all of the former cult members and identify all of the VX gas locations for Hazmat cleanup.
- Infiltrate compound from side entrance, use radio to begin assault.
- Rescue 5 hostages.
- Bring hostages to CT at bottom of stairs.
- Neutralize terrorist sniper on balcony.
- Use Radio to alert Hazmat of all VX container locations.
- Proceed to garage area in back of compound.
Weapons & Equipment
|M4A1 Carbine||30 / 90|
|USP .45||12 / 100|
|ICON||WEAPON / EQUIPMENT||AMMO / AMOUNT|
- Near the stairs leading to the Terrorist sniper, the lasers can be deactivated by accessing a console hidden behind a wall. Pressing the USE key on the lamp near the stairs will open the wall and allowing the player to easily bypass both lasers with ease.
- Three songs were composed for this mission.
- This mission later appears as a bomb defuse scenario map in Counter-Strike (Xbox) and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero called Truth.
- Similar to Fastline, this mission's background is partially based on a real event, the Tokyo subway sarin attack in 1995, a terrorist attack by the Japanese cult Aum Shinrikyo due to the planned chemical weaponry attack and a cult being the perpetrators.
- Pressing the USE key on the Buddha statue will open a secret door containing a way to a secret elevator. Using the elevator leads to a secret area with a Japanese girl, the VIP from the mission Motorcade Assault, Moses Sepulveda from the mission Turn of the Crank, the Terrorist leader from the mission Hankagai, a hostage, a Guerilla Warfare terrorist from the mission Lost Cause and a Midwest Militia terrorist.
- While inside the secret area, pressing USE key on each character will bring up corresponding text (See Truth in Chaos/Transcript at secret section). Killing one of the character will yield no penalty, but if all are killed, a hostile Yakuza will spawn and then constantly respawn with AK-47s and M60s until the player leaves by using the button at the far wall.
- At the beginning of this mission, an unobtainable first-aid kit is located inside the darkened house the Kidotais rush into, but can only be seen via
- The mission will fail if the VX gas is released by shooting at it or when a laser is tripped. Occasionally few enemies may attempt to rush at it and may release the gas if the player does not kill the target.
- Also, the player must protect the hostages carefully. Any hostage fatality will still cause the mission to fail.
- If the Kidotai operative armed with M4A1 is killed, the mission will also fail. This does not apply for two operatives they're located at the outside.
- The Condition Zero cut map Toruko is based on this mission.
- Truth in Chaos originally titled Supreme Truth