|Deleted Scenes Mission|
|Counter-Terrorist Agency||Modesto SWAT|
|Overview||It is suspected that an urban drug ring conducts its operation from within this Modesto neighborhood. The ringleader, Moses Sepulveda has been spotted and is believed to be inside the residence.|
|Main objectives||Enter the building.|
Deliver the suitcase to druglord.
Neutralize any opposition.
Eliminate Moses Sepulveda.
Turn of the Crank is the tenth mission in the Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes storyline.
Deviating from the somewhat exotic (and blocky) locales the player has fought in, this mission takes place in suburban Modesto, California, in a police bust of a local drug dealership.
The mission starts with the player, armed with a briefcase containing money and a listening device, to be delivered to a certain dealer: Moses Sepulveda, who is the drug baron of the Californian Drug Cartel.
The player must give the briefcase to Supelveda. Once given, Moses admires the money and the signal is given for the SWAT to move in. The player is blinded and after recovering, he manages to get an AK-47, and the SWAT Team secures the area. Afterwards, the player moves on.
Once inside the warehouse, he picks up an M60 Machinegun and ammo for it then fights the enemies inside. The player manages to get to Sepulveda's office. Moses, now coked up and armed with an M60. The player is then tasked with the objective to kill Sepulveda. Once he is killed, the mission is complete.
The Counter-Terrorist force in this mission is the SWAT team. After the player has been blinded by a flashbang, SWAT members secure the area. They are composed of 4 operatives (1 seen in the room where Moses was standing, and 3 in the player's entry point). All SWAT members are equipped with M4A1 carbines.
The terrorist faction for this mission is Californian terrorist which wear the same outfit with the Guerrilla Warfare. The terrorists protect Moses Sepulveda from being killed and cover the warehouse from being captured by the SWAT team.
Weapon & Equipment
The only equipments available at the very beginning are:
After been ambushed, the player is given several weapons that are:
|P228||13 / 52|
The only discovered weapons that the player can use are:
30 / 90
|On a washing machine in a room behind Moses stood before the ambush.|
100 / 200
|Somewhere inside the warehouse, near to an M2 Browning HMG user.|
|Behind the crates in the last room before facing Moses|
Ammunition & Medical Kit
The ammunition available in this mission are:
- 7.62×51mm NATO - For AK-47, there are five small magazines and four large magazines can be found. For M60, only two small magazines can be found.(Two more can be seen, but they are unobtainable)
- .357 SIG - There are three small magazines and four large magazines can be found for P228.
- Moses Sepulveda is based on Tony Montana from Scarface. The two characters are both drug lords, Moses wears an outfit almost identical to one Tony wears at one point in the film, and both of them perish in a gunfight. Ironically, Sepulveda is a Colombian, whom Tony is known for hating.
- There is the default model for a young Japanese girl walking down the street, if you wait on the porch for a short amount of time.
- The doorbell has a bloody handprint on it.
- Three individual maps are used in this mission.
- Five songs had been composed for this mission.
- The mission complete music in this mission is used in Condition Zero in Tour of Duty Campaign when the player wins a round.
- The player is given all types of ammunition when the fighting has started.
- The enemy using the M2 Browning Machine Gun in this mission uses a low resolution Terrorist model and he will attack the player with a Machete if the player manages to get close.
- The player cannot use the machine gun even if the player eliminates him.
- The SWAT used the Navy SEAL's model, but only with a different texture.
- It is possible to keep the SWAT team member alive, although he will not follow the player.
- If the player uses the console command to get a weapon at the intro, the guard will attack at the player. However, if the player presses the "USE" key, the guard will still say something to the player.
- The game will crash if the guard next to the metal locked door is killed.
- This is the only mission in which the player is not equipped with a knife.
- When the player interacts with one of the gang members, the gang member will say "Aren't you supposed to be here half an hour ago?" to the player, referencing to one of the quotes said by one of the scientists to the protagonist Gordon Freeman in the video game Half-Life: "Weren't you supposed to be in the test chamber half an hour ago?"
- Randomly, the SWAT members in the living room will all survive or die. It depends on themselves.
- If the player progresses past giving Sepulveda the briefcase and attempts to restart the level by going into the World Map and selecting the level without disconnecting, the briefcase will already have been placed but the player will still have it equipped. The area around the warehouse entrance will be bugged (the garage door will be opened but inaccessible, floating props will be present), and none of the enemies in the warehouse will attack the player (but scripted sequences will still occur, such as breaking windows), not even Sepulveda despite his quotes.