You can now follow the Wiki on Facebook and Steam!
Counter-Strike updates and important Wiki changes will be announced on social media too, so don't hesitate to like our Facebook page and join our Steam group.
Of course, these new places are also open to discussions and exchange between users, but as expected on the Wiki, don't forget to respect the Netiquette and stay friendly and respectful.
Welcome home!Read more >
The current policy of the Counter-Strike Wiki about images wants to promote the use of the high-quality uncompressed PNG format, so I threw together a small guide to be useful for the community. This article will only deal with the technical field. Another guide about how to take clean screenshots by disabling the HUD and view model will follow eventually :)
- Go to the Steam settings, In-Game tab.
- Check Save an uncompressed copy.
- Click on Screenshot folder and set a dedicated folder for your Steam screenshots.
- Don't forget the Screenshot shortcut key.
- Make sure the Steam Overlay is enabled for the current game you will be taking screenshots in.
- Launch the game and have fun taking a lot of screenshots with the Steam screenshot shortcut key.
Read more >