Terrorists are trying to bomb Rizzleton tower before it reaches completion.
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent the building from being destroyed.
Other Notes: Don't fall off.
de_vertigo is based on a skyscraper that was under construction and centered the conflict between the Counter-Terrorist and the Terrorist teams. The main objective for the Terrorists were to bomb the building while the CTs must prevent them from achieving their goal.
As for the textures and the integrity of the map, Vertigo reused the textures from Half-Life and the background consisted of other skyscrapers in the background. The props mainly consisted of construction materials, such as concrete.
The map was greatly revamped from the textures to the overall structure of the map, thus greatly enhancing realism. The background featured more realistic buildings and city streets from below allowing players to deduce that the Rizzleton tower is located somewhere in New York City.
The roofs of the bombsites were mostly removed and new props were added throughout the map. Finally, the middle hallways and the pathways that connected between the bombsites and the stairwell and ramp were changed to a great extent.
Tips and Tricks:Edit
Main article: Vertigo/Tips and tricks
- Be sure to watch where you step in this map.
- Bots can occasionally fall off.
- If the bomb is dropped from the building, Terrorist bot players will all commit suicide, similar to map Prodigy.
- If a player falls off the map, a scream will be heard, afterwards an unique falling sound can be heard. This sound has been removed in Global Offensive.
- This map is a basic concept for the Rise Hard level in Deleted Scenes.
- Currently, this is the only map that was featured in Counter-Strike 1.6 and made an reappearance in Global Offensive.
- The name of the map (vertigo) may be referring to "height sickness" or dizziness caused by looking down from a great height as the conflict is centered around an incomplete skyscraper.