Terrorists are trying to bomb Rizzleton tower before it reaches completion.
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent the building from being destroyed.
Other Notes: Don't fall off.
Vertigo is based on a skyscraper that was under construction and centered the conflict between the Counter-Terrorist and the Terrorist teams. The main objective for the Terrorists were to bomb the building while the CTs must prevent them from achieving their goal.
As for the textures and the integrity of the map, Vertigo reused the textures from Half-Life and the background consisted of other skyscrapers in the background. The props mainly consisted of construction materials, such as concrete. Vertigo's background image is using Assault's background image.
The map was greatly revamped from the textures to the overall structure of the map, thus greatly enhancing realism. The background featured more realistic buildings and city streets from below allowing players to deduce that the Rizzleton tower is located somewhere in New York City.
The roofs of the bombsites were mostly removed and new props were added throughout the map. The height of the walls were reduced, allowing some players to jump on top of some props to eliminate stationary or incoming players. Finally, the middle hallways and the pathways that connected between the bombsites and the stairwell and ramp were changed to a great extent.
Notably, the ramp has two ladders and there is a penetrable wooden wall that blocks visual contact between the ramp and the entrances to bombsite A.
Tips and TricksEdit
Main article: Vertigo/Tips and tricks
- Be sure to watch where you step in this map.
- Bots can occasionally fall off.
- If the bomb is dropped from the building, Terrorist bot players will all commit suicide to reach the bomb, similar to Prodigy map from older games.
- If a player falls off the map, a scream and splat sounds will be heard. These sounds have been removed in Global Offensive.
- This map is a basic concept for the Rise Hard level in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes.
- In one section of the CS:GO version of the map, there is a ladder leading from the first playable floor to the second playable floor. At first, it appears inaccessible from the bottom, but with a little teamwork, a teammate can boost you up by crouching below it.
- Currently, this is the only map that was featured in Counter-Strike 1.6 and made an reappearance in Global Offensive.
- Vertigo means "height sickness" or dizziness caused by looking down from a great height as the conflict is centered around an incomplete skyscraper.
- In CS:GO, some .NAV file areas are named "50th floor" and "51st floor", hinting that the skyscraper has 51 stories.
- Originally in Half-Life 2, there was a location and chapter named Vertigo as well.