Wingman is an event game mode added to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in Operation Hydra, as a part of the May 23, 2017 update, as one of the three Hydra Events, alongside War Games and Weapons Expert. After November 13, 2017, the game mode became permanent, along with the new match matching algorithm called "Trust Factor."
In this mode, maps are smaller and more compact, and there are only 2 players on one team. Other rules are similar to Competitive. Additionally, the game mode uses same penalties like the competitive game mode.
The Wingman game mode consists of 2 versus 2 competitive matches on maps with one bombsite, a best-of-16 game format, and a special Wingman skill group. The rules are similar to competitive, but the game mode takes place in "compact" maps with only one bombsite. Compared to original maps, Wingman versions are smaller with most of the map cut off with invisible walls, and the spawns are moved much closer to the bombsite. The round timer is 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Unlike Competitive, match is not available to in "Watch matches and tournaments" from main menu. To download match replay must visit Personal Game Data and in "Wingman Matches" and click "Download GOTV Replay".
Round end rewards
Round rewards differ from competitive and casual modes.
|Winning By Team Elimination (Bomb Defusal)||$2750|
|Winning By Time Win (Bomb Defusal, CT)|
|Winning By Bomb Defusal (CT)||$3000|
|Winning By Bomb Detonation (T)|
|Losing 1 Round||$2000 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 2 Rounds In A Row||$2300 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 3 Rounds In A Row||$2600 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 4 Rounds In A Row||$2900 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 5+ Rounds In A Row||$2900 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
The following maps are selectable after the November 13, 2017 update:
- Cobblestone (Bombsite B)
- Inferno (Bombsite A)
- Overpass (Bombsite B)
- Shortnuke (April 20, 2018 update)
- Train (Bombsite A)
The following maps were playable during Operation Hydra:
Maps schedule during Op. Hydra
This schedule is based on the state of the "
Behind The Scenes
- The game mode was first hinted in the January 12, 2017 update, where "protobufs" included a localization token used during map loading (
- "Wingman" is a term that means "a pilot who supports another in a potentially dangerous flying environment".
- The game mode is referred to as "Tandem Competitive" on Steam, before the June 6, 2017 update.
- The game mode is referred to as "
ScrimComp2v2" in the game files.
- The term "Scrim" refers to practice matches for competitive online games.
- ↑ CS:GO Operation Hydra: Full event schedule (05/23/2017 - 07/18/2017) on Reddit
- ↑ The Unnoticed Patch Update Pt4(Skirmish + Scrimcomp2v2/Scrimcomp5v5) on Reddit