Wingman is an event game mode added to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in Operation Hydra, as a part of the May 23, 2017 update, as one of the three Hydra Events, alongside War Games and Weapons Expert.
The Wingman game mode consists of competitive matches on maps with one bombsite, a best-of-16 game format, and a special Wingman skill group. The rules are similar to competitive, but the game mode takes place in "compact" maps. The round timer is 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Wingman skill groups
Unlike competitive, the player can see how many matches they must win to rank up. Players gets one pip per win match.
Players not lose pips until they reach rank 5.
If the player is on a 2 or more win streak, the player gets 2 pips as bonus.
The max rank is 24.
Round end rewards
Round rewards differ from competitive and casual modes.
|Winning By Team Elimination (Bomb Defusal)||$2750|
|Winning By Time Win (Bomb Defusal, CT)|
|Winning By Bomb Defusal (CT)||$3000|
|Winning By Bomb Detonation (T)|
|Losing 1 Round||$2000 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 2 Rounds In A Row||$2300 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 3 Rounds In A Row||$2600 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 4 Rounds In A Row||$2900 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
|Losing 5+ Rounds In A Row||$2900 + $800 if bomb planted as T|
This schedule is based on the current state of the "
Behind The Scenes
- The game mode was first hinted in the January 12, 2017 update, where "protobuffs" included localization token used during map loading (
- "Wingmen" is a term that means "a pilot who supports another in a potentially dangerous flying environment".
- The game mode is referred to as "Tandem Competitive" on Steam, before the June 6, 2017 update.
- The game mode is referred to as "
ScrimComp2v2" in game files.
- The term "Scrim" refers to practice matches for competitive online games.
- ↑ Tested in game.
- ↑ CS:GO Operation Hydra: Full event schedule (05/23/2017 - 07/18/2017) on Reddit
- ↑ The Unnoticed Patch Update Pt4(Skirmish + Scrimcomp2v2/Scrimcomp5v5) on Reddit