The M4 is a very powerful semi-automatic shotgun available to both teams. The M4 is very effective in close quarters combat and is commonly seen on Office and Nuke. As there are only two shotguns in the multiplayer Counter-Strike games, it is compared to the M3. They both have advantages and disadantages, such as the fast rate of fire of the M4 versus the power of the M3. Regardless, the M4 is a popular weapon, although it is not comparable to the AWSM, M4A1, AK-47, or Desert Eagle.
As the M4 is automatic, it is capable to fire a shot after every trigger squeeze. In Counter-Strike, this translates into firing continuously if the trigger is held down. Because of this, the M1014 is sometimes considered an overpowered weapon, but because of its short range it is not on the same level as other guns.
Due to its fairly high fire rate, it is much more popular than its pump-action counterpart, the M3. However, this speed comes with lower reliability and power. Still, it can be used to get massive amounts of damage on enemies in close quarters, particularly if the shots hit their heads. However, this weapon cannot be used to fire underwater.
Currently in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive the M1014 costs $2500 instead of $3000
|Chest & Arm||114||54|
The M4 is a moderate-weight weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 240 units per second (default speed is 250), meaning they suffer slight speed reduction. The M4 is one of the few guns unable to shoot underwater.
- As for the M3, aiming for the head is the best tactic.
- If at close or medium quarters, empty your entire magazine on the enemy.
- If a long range, pull out any other weapon besides the M4. However, remember that shotgun pellets in Valve games have longer ranges than would be expected in other FPS games, so this weapon's range is much higher than would be expected. Single shots while crouching have good range for a shotgun.
- Always reload after the fight, because this weapon can empty its magazine in seconds.
- Be careful of how you aim this weapon. Due to the high recoil, you may miss your target and thus leaving you vulnerable to counter-attack. To be sure, aim low (perfectably at the chest) and you may score a headshot.
- If you sneak behind someone and they don't see, it takes one blast in the head to down them.
- Flash its users so they blindly spray and empty their ammunition. If you are lucky, it could cause the player to friendly fire or empty the magazine, necessitating reloading or switching weapons.
- Use long range weapons against its users.
- Avoid all close contacts with its users.
- The M3 may be used to out-power its users, but this can be risky.
- The Desert Eagle can be a good weapon against M4 users with headshot.
- Automatic Rifles are the best weapon available against its users at close range.
- If you can, let them empty their magazine, it makes them easier to kill with a full auto weapon.
|Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun Expert||Kill 200 enemy players with the Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun|
- The internal name of the M4 is weapon_xm1014. When Counter-Strike was originally in development, the XM1014 was an experimental semi-automatic shotgun being tested by the USMC. It has since been adopted by the USMC as the M1014.
- This weapon is originally called Benelli M4 Super 90.
- In Deleted Scenes, this weapon shares the ammo with M3, so ammo can be run out much quicker.
- This shotgun is not available in assassination maps.
- Main article: Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun/Gallery
- M1014 at Wikipedia