“Terrorists have arrived at the Bay Area Zoo, and they didn't come for the dolphin show.”
On the October 13, 2016 Update, the map was removed from the game files, making Zoo inaccessible via console.
- Originally, fishes were known to spawn outside some of the aquariums, but it was later fixed in a patch.
- The fish in the aquarium tanks are the only animals seen throughout the map. Other animals, such as monkeys and tropical birds can be heard in the background but are never actually seen.
- The ATMs just inside the zoo's entrance bear logos closely resembling the familiar MasterCard logo. These ATMs are also used in Overpass at bomb site A.
- The bomb zones take their designations from the zoo's own location map.
- A drink stand just outside the CT spawn can be seen sporting the familiar Popdog logo.
- The San Francisco Bay and Golden Gate Bridge can be seen in the distance outside the CT spawn.
- Bus shelters containing the an ad for Mapcore can be seen outside to the left of CT spawn.
- Inside the guard's office at the zoo's bay entrance (CT spawn), papers can be seen through the window just above the desk on the wall containing work-in-progress design documents for the map.
- The general structure of the map's HRG Aquarium is based on the PPG Aquarium located in Pittsburgh, PA.